Wheel Flange & Top of Rail Lubrication Systems
Some Problems faced by Operators with Railway Tracks and Wheels :-
- Squeal noise
- Corrugation & Flange Wear
- The influential wear factors are: axle loads, lateral forces, longitudinal force, creepage, curve radius, gradient of the track, cant/superelevation, track gauge, surface conditions of the wheels and the rails, train speed, train length, frequency and type of trains, rolling stock performance, and operational and environmental issues.
- Safety risk exposure of staff during installation, inspection and maintenance.
- Tough inspection and maintenance
Issues addressed by Track Lubrication :-
- Provide intermediate level of adhesion
- Reduces wear
- Suppress corrugation formation
- Reduces unpleasant squeal noise
- Reduce surface damage
- Prolonged Rail Life
- Improves fuel economy
- Operators to reap the associated cost and safety benefits.
- Reduces dependence on human error
- Reliable operation of Rail vehicle and infrastructure